Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ironic Facts With A Dark Twist At The End (12 pics)

Not all facts have happy endings.

 In 2014, an L.A. memorial tree dedicated to George Harrison was killed by an infestation of beetles.
In 1985, a man drowned at a pool party which was attended by 100 lifeguards. The party was a celebration of the fact that the first summer had passed without a drowning at the New Orleans municipal pool.
A guy sued the Guinness Book of World Records for damages after they have awarded him the record for “most lawsuits filed” at over 10,000 – They should have seen that coming.
Union General, John Sedgwick, was shot and killed moments after standing up in his trench and telling his men to stand because confederate soldiers couldn’t hit an elephant at this distance.
Barry Manilow’s 1967 hit ‘I write the songs’ was written by Bruce Johnson.
No one knows who invented the fire hydrant because the building holding the patent was burned to the ground in 1836.
A statue of a homeless Jesus sleeping on a bench was installed in a part of Orlando in which homeless people are banned from sleeping on benches.
80,000 toy safety awareness lapel buttons were recalled in 1974 because they contained lead paint, the edges were too sharp and they were deemed a choking hazard.
John R. Morales, who played ‘McGruff The Crime Dog’ was imprisoned for 16 years after police found 1,000 pot plants and a grenade launcher at his house.
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
Gary Kremen, the founder of Match.com lost his girlfriend to a man she met on Match.com.
Condoms given out in a Canadian University to promote safe sex had notes attached to them by staples and the staples punctured the condoms.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fun Facts To Impress Your Friends

They say that knowledge is power and learning these fun facts will give you the power to impress your friends and family.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Is This The World’s Most Disgusting Hotel?

A pregnant woman and her husband were forced to sleep in the car park of an Auckland motel after the receptionist said he had no record of their booking. Unfortunately for Lucy and Gary Best, they had failed to check the TripAdvisor reviews of Epson Motor Inn before they decided to stay there. The couple, from Kerikeri in New Zealand, may have decided to book in somewhere else had they spent some time researching their accommodation. Complaints from past guests range from mould in the bathroom and unpainted walls to blood on the bed sheets.


Lucy Best and her husband Gary were forced to sleep in their car after the motel said there was no record.


The photo advertised by Epsom Motor Inn doesn't appear to add up, according to previous guests



Mrs Best said she was left in tears after spending hours trying to find another accommodation but had no luck.


The 29-year-old mother said it was the first time in almost a year to spend quality time with her husband Gary.


This guest claimed after a ' poor night’s sleep' - he experienced 'a horrible chesty feeling' and the 'taste of mould in our mouths after breathing in that disgusting air' overnight.


One guest took to the Trip Advisor page, claiming they had found bloodstains and damaged parts of the motel.


Sandy said she had found 'moulds in the shower', 'unpainted wood' and 'windows that didn't close'.



Kel K who stayed at the motel with his wife recently said his room had 'wet carpet with a light fur of mould on it' (left) and 'unfinished repair in the bathroom right'.



Another guest, KarolynTimarkos, said the motel should 'invest in exit mould' after staying in an 'unclean' room (left) and old rubbish left behind by previous guests.



Captioned along this photo (left) by Vivienne P: 'This is NOT the courtyard as it is today' while others have found pile of rubbish left along the motel.



Madjik posted: 'rusty light shades in the bathroom' that didn't work and moulds along the broke-door fridge.



Madjik found stains on her spreadsheets as well as droplets of blood during her stay in November 2014.



Other guests found cupboard falling apart inside their room (left) and mould and dirt around the fridge (right).



Another guest found a 'mouldy sopping wet bedside cabinet' and a broken curtain with a missing clip.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online